Applications are now open for the ICYF Volunteer Training camp under International exchange programs in Turkey. It is basically an international volunteer forum of Islamic countries which is fully sponsored by the Turkish government. This Summer Exchange Program is aimed at both young male and female students.
They will be staying in Antalya, Turkey for about a whole week where they will learn the planned skills. The purpose of the ICYF volunteer training camp is to enable all the international students to collaborate with each other and learn to work in a team in the needed time and in the areas where emergency help is required.
In order to apply for this ICYF internship, your age must be between 18-30. There is no restriction of having any particular academic background for applying to the program. If you are an undergraduate student, or graduate, your age is up to the criteria then you can be part of the program.
ICYF abbreviation is Islamic Cooperation Youth Forum is a body that is arranging this camp training which is connected with OIC aka Islamic Cooperation. Before applying you have to check if your country’s name is on the list of the 57 countries or not whom Turkey is inviting.
At the end of this program, you may earn an online volunteering certificate which can be verified online. This is the first time it reopened after the COVID19 restriction and you will learn how to tackle difficult situations because of scenario-based training. In the camps, you will be organized into teams and to prepare for supporting people in natural disasters as well as humanitarian crises.
You must not miss this exciting opportunity and if you are interested then read below the full details of the program.
ICYF International Volunteer Camp Training Details
- Country Name: Turkey
- City of Stay: Antalya
- Duration For Males: 12-17 July 2021
- Duration for Females: 5-10 July 2021
- Eligible Countries: The OIC Member States, Muslim Communities (View the attached list of eligible countries below)
- Financial Assistance Amount: Fully Funded
- Deadline: 13th June 2021
Financial Assistance Details
As mentioned earlier that the ICYF Young Volunteer training completely sponsored program for all the international students which will cover the below-mentioned expenditures:
- Travel Allowance: Two-way Airfare from your home country to Turkey and back will be given. Commuting expenditures from his/her country of residence to the camp venue in Samsun will be given. Along with a Travel allowance, you will also get travel insurance too.
- Visa Fee Exemption: Students do not have to pay a Visa fee as it is sponsored too.
- Medical Insurance: Both travel and medical insurance will be given.
- Residence Charges, Urban Tour & Miscellaneous Costs: The hosting country will bear the charges of urban transportation, residence, meal allowance, and other related costs relevant to domestic hospitality.
Objectives of ICYF Volunteer Training Camp
The aim of ICYF Young volunteers is to achieve the below-mentioned objectives:
- To enable the young generation to lead organizations.
- To polish the youth’s management skills under pressure.
- To strengthen fresh learners through interactive discussions.
- To advocate human rights during humanitarian crises with civic and human rights education.
- To spread awareness of the universal values of humans.
- To offer a junction point for sharing their experiences, lessons learned, and reflections of volunteerism and its effect.
- To discuss best examples of successful youth volunteerism initiatives
List of Eligible Countries
As described previously that all the citizens of an OIC Member State or representatives of a Muslim community in a non-OIC Member State. If you are unsure, please check your country’s name in the list of 57 OIC Member States.
- A participant should be able to converse in English
- Participant’s age must be between 18–30
- Experience in humanitarian and volunteer work in organizations in your home country will be a plus.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Media background (study, work experience, or interest)
- Should have experience in coordinating media-related tasks and reporting.
- Should be active in social work and in its local community
- A leader with an impact in his/her local community
The deadline for the ICYF International Volunteer camp in Turkey 2021 is 13th June 2021. Remember that only chosen candidates will be alerted via email.
How to Apply
In order to apply, you have to submit an online application for the Volunteer Camp in Turkey. Kindly visit the Official Website of the ICYF Volunteer camp 2021.